Camloc D1-3 chuck question

Happy New Year everyone -
Spent all day today struggling with a job that would have been simple if I
could have moved my lathe faceplate over to the mill rotary table without
removing the part.
So now I want to make an adapter so I can put my lathe's camloc D1-3 style
chucks (3, 4-jaw and faceplate) on my rotary milling table. Do the 3 locking
pins play any role in registering the position of the chuck, or are they
simply for exerting the clamping force (with the taper/flange providing
registration)? It appears that I just need to duplicate the taper
arrangement on the lathe spindle (Monarch 10EE) and provide a locking
mechanism for the pins, if this is correct.
Al
Reply to
Alan Raisanen
No
, or are they
Yes
It appears that I just need to duplicate the taper
Yes
Reply to
tomcas