carbon/graphite rod ?

It seems to be recommended that carbon or graphite rod is used for Sterling engine pistons, I have searched the web as best as I know how for a UK supplier but so far nothing. Anyone here have any ideas?

regards

//\//\

Reply to
harris

Erodex or Graphite Technologies supply graphite in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and lots of different grades. Try a web search for them. failing that look for a supplier of edm consumables, as spark eroding is one of the main industrial uses of graphite.

When machining this stuff cover everything within a huge radius, and it helps to have a vacuum running continually sucking up the dust -it has to be the messiest stuff I've ever worked with.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Kevin,

Fantastic, Erodex can supply the small quantity I need, Thanks for your help

Reply to
harris