Ceramic Chip forge update

Some of you may recall the discussions regarding the output of Flamefast DS130 ceramic chip forges following the acquisition of one by Tim Leech.

I reported that the output of mine was a bit wimpey, and after discussions with Tim I bought a new 'zero pressure governor' and a new perforated burner tile. Well these bits arrived today and oh what a difference. Now the entire chip pile gets white hot and raising mild steel to hammer welding temperature is no problem at all. It has totally transformed the forge into a different animal. (Mind you this was an expensive exercise with the tile being 160 and the governor 68, all plus VAT)

Perhaps now I'll do a bit of smithing, which was why I bought it 10 years ago !!!!

Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent, UK

Reply to
Andrew Mawson