Choosing A Gear's MOD

Hi,

Vaguely related to this:

Would I be right to assume that if I had two gears of the same module that had to mesh, I would position the axles half the sum of dp on this datasheet apart?

Cheers,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

That will certainly do. Without the chart, multiply the module by the total number of teeth (on the two gears together) and divide by two. Gives the centre distance in mm.

Mod*(Z1+Z2)/2 = Ctr Dist

Slightly unfortunate (deliberate?) they used dp for the PCD when it's already used to indicate teh tooth size in Imperial, but that's life I guess.

Richard

Reply to
sharkface-pilot at toucansurf