dewatering fluid

My garage has been so wet over the last few days i have to take some steps to protect everything, I have dipped everything that I though was in danger of the tin worm in neat cutting oil this afternoon.. I would like to try dewatering fluid without buying 25 ltres, so anyone else want some so I can split a can or anyone have 5 ltres they want to flog.. I think rustillo is about 35 quid +vat from j&l or b&h, maybe there is a cheaper supplier.

I could do with some more neat oil if anyone want's to split a can of that, well I don't want loads of moneys worth of the stuff apart from i don't have the dosh; never mind that its a bit cramped in here, must try and sell a lathe or a few motorbikes...

-- richard

Reply to
richard

I live in a damp valley (the house over the road has a moat!) and I've found that that a dehumidifier has been the answer. Parts of dismantled engines now gather dust rather than rust.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Ditto. you can get a cheap one from one of the diy sheds and leave it set to about 45% rh all year, which is what I have done for the last 18 months. After the flood, you might do better to go to a hire company and get hold of one of the ones used to dry out houses after plastering the walls. Get the concrete and wood properly dried out or you will be forever getting things nibbled by the worm.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

well after reading this, or maybe it was spending the day drying everything and oiling it and then doing the same the next day, I phoned a dehumidifer for a fiver in my local paper. wonderfull thing. I have to empty it every day when it's damp, so it's obviously working and all the tools are dry. I had to oil my old lathe, I usually rely on the lubricating properties of the water;-) much smoother with oil..

-- richard

Reply to
richard

You obviously got a bargain there if you got one that intelligent it could answer the phone :-)

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

John Stevenson scrawled

Pity it can't use a lathe..

-- richard

Reply to
richard

Does yours have an attachment for a drain hose instead of the internal storage jar? I've dumped the jar from mine and put a small hose in instead, draining out through a small hole in the workshop floor. I'd got fed up with emptying the thing every day - now thats no more! Its all "automatic"!

Dave.

Reply to
speedy2

well it does now..