Electricity Boards...

We had a new electricity meter fitted last week, being a 3-phase supply at home, it had to be done as a 'special', but it all went OK. The new meter has two built-in mobile phones, one to change settings and one for the billing.

No problem, instead of quarterly payments we are now on monthly...

When the engine was doing the change-over, I queried the seemingly incorrect labelling of the tails into the meter and switchboard, which had coloured tapes AND tie-on labels which disagreed, and sure enough, when he checked the new connections, the labelling on the main incoming fuses was wrong.

The outgoing leads to the meter had been changed to make the phase rotation correct, rather than making the incoming termination right.

So, we now have some interesting wiring between the main fuses and the meter, and we have changed the labelling on the main fuses to "Blue Red Yellow" from "Red Yellow Blue".

That original installation was done by East Midlands Electricity engineers.

Makes you wonder.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

What do you know about 3 phase supplies? I've never read such incompetent rubbish.

Reply to
Guy Fawkes

Let me introduce you to my kill filter. Plonk.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Shouldn't that be black grey brown?

John

Reply to
John

Grey Brown Black = Blue Red Yellow

If it was a new installation, yes, but this was put in during 1986 and as far as I know, the old colours are retained for existing installations.

"From April 2006, only the new colours should be used for any new wiring" Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Iff it is you! Nice to see you here! (From uk.local.southwest.)

He He He Tee Hee Hee.

Reply to
Kevin