elliot omnimill 00

Hi, I'm a noobie on the group. I've just got the subject mill up and running. It appears to be quite a modern, metric version and is in excellent condition. Unfortunately there is only one pair of table feed gears. The gears produce the slowest feed available: does anybody know what the tooth form is? Alternatively does anybody have a full set of gears for sale? Any help gratefully recieved. John

Reply to
w824je1.w824je1

I recently sold a set of gears to suit this machine, I'll check later in the week to see if any are left over as I am sure there were some doubles. I take it you have checked the back cover where they are stored? I didnt, hence I had 2 sets !!!! Bob

Reply to
Emimec

John,

Welcome to the group. If Bob can't help,let us know. I might have an old contact who might be able to help. Unfortunately, I've had no power since 5am and can't check - it's dark out there and they might get me!

--

Chris Edwards

Thanks for the response Bob - yes I've checked the back cover and every dirty orifice down below....no gears. I don't think I need a full set - just a pair that gives a more reasonable (faster) feed.

John

Reply to
w824je1.w824je1

John

Elliot is now part of Gates International, who still make(? )milling machines and are Watford based. I have an Omnimil and a couple years back I had a similar need and I spoke to a Richard Miles on 01923 682874. He was extremely helpful and still had some spares, including gears, for some of the older machines.

Have you tried Home & Workshop Machinery in Sidcup? - speak to Steve on

0208 300 9070.

Good hunting. --

Chris Edwards

Hi I can probably make these for you if you can get me enough data, I need the exact shaft centres, the number of teeth on each gear (from the feed plate) the diameter of the shaft, any key details, thickness and boss details if there is one. From all this I can work out the sizes of the gears and make them I know this sounds complex, but I made a set for another one of the these mills, but sadly,I discarded the data. I am the last resort if you can not find a set. Good luck Peter

Reply to
petercolman45