Engine crane hydraulic ram

Hello all, I'm trying to find a supplier of these or similar rams. Anyone know where I should look please? Internet searches have prooved fruitless. Looking for 2 rams with 600-1100mm range, similar to NorthernTools #144878. I'm slowely getting over my cancer treatment, but it has taken a couple of years, and only now feeling up to doing anything distructive. Cheers for now GeoffH (The Pirate) Norfolk - UK not VA

Reply to
GeoffH

ram-pac through this company

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

Ramparts aka Steerforth Sales and Hendry Hydraulics.

Reply to
mark

Strange I bought an 8 ton long stroke hydraulic ram off ebay, intended for engine crane type use and looked like a normal bottle jack but much longer, a few years ago for about £30 and a number of vendors sold them. Now I can't find any selling them on ebay. Is this some sort of clamp down on untested lifting gear by the EU? or just a bad selling item that isn't worth selling.

BTW it looks just like the ram unit on my Clarke 1 ton engine crane, so maybe they'll sell them as spares. I've always had good luck with MachineMart being able to provide spares for items I've had for years and at reasonable prices also.

Reply to
David Billington

Thanks Mark.

GeoffH (The Pirate) Norfolk - UK not VA

Reply to
GeoffH

Hello David, Thanks for the quick response.

I was very surprised no finding any on eBay. Wouldn't surprise me if the EU had something to do with not finding any on eBay.

Will give them a try if nothing from Mark's link.. Cheers