English Measure Helicoil Inserts

I'm in the US, and have a friend who is sailing his boat overseas, currently now in France, I believe. He's had no success to date locating helicoil inserts to enable him to properly remount his radar antenna. He needs inserts using English measure, and I'd appreciate any assistance any of you folk might provide me with his efforts.

Reply to
Dan Wenz

J&L Industrial supply have a range of thread inserts and kit by V-Coil and Helicoil.

David Billington

Not all that cheap but Namrick do a quite a big range:

as do J&L search for "v-coil"

Both are good to deal with by mail order.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Also try

sister company to Tracy Tools

Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

Thanks to all - I've forwarded all responses to friends somewhere on European waters.

Reply to
Dan Wenz

They probably couldn't sail all the way there (Totnes, in Devon), but they could certainly anchor at Kingswear and travel from there. If they've got a small craft that draws less than 3ft, they could get the inserts over the counter :-)

Totnes is a nice town to visit as well.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand