Expensive ML7 - EBay

EBay never ceases to amaze!!!!

Tony

Reply to
tony

I don't understand. Even the starting price was excessive given the description and photos!

And it's The Wrong Bloody Colour :-|

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Holy crap! £3500???

If I could only get that for my old Colchester Student which will do work of twice the size at twice the speed.

Reply to
Dave Baker

For sale my Myford lathe.

AH?

I have stripped down and de greased the lathe, repainted it in Myford green. The lathe now looks stunning and is 'squeeky' clean.

OH, REALY? ERR, MY PERENTHESIS!

It is also on a very sturdy metal cabinet with two heavy duty draws and a cupboard with a door. This has also been degreased and painted. And is a very sturdy heavy duty cabinet.

DON'T THEY ALL COME LIKE THAT?

The lathe sits bolted to the cabinet by two blocks.

The only work I have done since the rebuild is to cut some test peices, to ensure it is cutting true and accurately, and it is now cutting better than before, and is cutting acuratly.

SH*T BEFORE, THEN?

I have fitted two brand new drive belts.

It has a forward and reverse switch and a new mains cable and plug.

The lathe is 240 volt

And has a screw cutting capability.

A back gear is also fitted.

The lathe will come complete and supplied with the following.

3 Jaw chuck (The Crown chuck England) with a key and 110 diameter, and has inside and outside jaws.

4 Jaw chuck and a key (Genuine Crown England) and has a 4" 100mm capacity.

A 7 inch Face Plate (180mm)

The tail stock is No 2 Morse taper

A small drill chuck and key

A fixed center

I will sell with a box of tool steel to get you going if you are starting out.

SO KIND!

The lathe is also fitted with a quick change tool post with 5 holders to make your life easier and your work more accurate. This would cost over £100 alone for this item.

This is a stunning machine and you wont be disappointed and looks great in any work shop as well as performing top quality work the way Myfords do.

Thie Myford is known for its excelent use to the model engineer and small industrial workshop.

I am selling as I need to upgrade in turning diamiter, otherwies I would be keeping this as a lot of time has been put into its renovation.

I may be able to deliver localy, feel free to collect, I wll place on a pallet for you to organise a courier, or send by courier myself, but postage and delivery is at your cost, so please contact me for a price before bidding.

Happy bidding and good luck.

  • Well, how can we not be convnced this person is not a sincere seller.......*
Reply to
elj221c

Good thing it sold so quickly, else the Mytholmroyd junk salesmen would have banned it.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Look at the tailstock, it was one of the very early models when they were selling for =A389. [EDIT] even earlier look at the countershaft bracket, its open cast, later ones were filled in so this machine is pre 1952.

Also doesn't look that stunning to me, look at the enlarged pics, fifth one down, not exactly smooth on the belt guard also note the emery cloth clean up on the chuck. I think there is going to be one heavily disappointed punter when he goes to collect, might be worth looking at the feedback in the coming days.

Ironic that you could have bought a lot better from the asset folk at Myfords.

John S.

Reply to
John S

Good Luck to the seller I say If he can put in some effort with a few impressive sounding words and a paintbrush and snare a naive asshole on ebay who has more money than sense then why not?

Anyone who has done their homework or even is vaguely familiar with the Myford range would know it was grossly overpriced and would sit on their hands.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

To be fair to the seller, I don't suppose he expected it to sell for so much - his starting price was fairly realistic, or maybe just a bit on the optimistic side of that. It seems two bidders got carried away, as sometimes happens on eBay (and in real auctions).

I think your attitude to the ignorant bidders is unfortunate. Yes, they should have done their homework, but calling them that for making a mistake will not help attract others to the hobby.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Auction frenzy I guess. If I ever auction anything I usually start at

99p with no reserve.

Sold a little Emco C5 CNC lathe on ebay in that way once. It made over £700 if I recall correctly. Of course in the last few moments it skyrocketed.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Because it's immoral.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

So what is seller supposed to do then? Withdraw the item because bidders have gone too high??

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Not put out a misleading ad in the first place.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Having just re-read the description - I can't agree that it is misleading. His starting price was not outrageous at £550 The winning bidder put two bids on within less than a minute of one another. The first of £796 would not have given him control at the time and his second bid was £3500 or higher.

Anyway no point in arguing with you Bill we will just have to disagree.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thought someone wouldn't be very chuffed.

It's back on Ebay.

Start bid =A3135 Buy it now a mind boggling =A31700

Different bidder, different feedback, walks like a duck, talks like a duck ?

John S.

Reply to
John S

It's back on Ebay.

Start bid £135 Buy it now a mind boggling £1700

Different bidder, different feedback, walks like a duck, talks like a duck ? ============== My memory is not what it was. Someone remind me what the pre-decimal fraction of a pound was called ;-)

Reply to
Roland Craven

Obviously forgot that the idea of placing your own bids to inflate the price often backfires? :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

Would agree with that Lester.

Reply to
mark

Listing now removed. Gets funnier and funnier.

John S.

Reply to
John S