Myford ML 7 for Sale

It's pure coincidence, so soon after the recent interest in the 'over-priced' ML7 on Ebay, but yesterday an elderly neighbour asked me to view and advise him on the value of a similar machine he wishes to sell. I thought I'd mention it here before advertising it elsewhere if not sold.

It's a one-owner-since-new machine and has apparently had no more than about 20 hours work in that time - the owner says he can only ever remember making a new axle for a wheelbarrow on it(!) I checked it out in a superficial way and am convinced it's a sound as a bell and far as I could tell, there being no detectable sloppiness at any position of the carriage along the bed or the topslide travel from end to end. There are no dings or marks on the ways, no teeth missing from the backgear, the change wheels and a complete set of Myfords own TCT-tipped tools are still in their preservative wax, unopened and unused. It has the standard issue accessories, including 3-jaw SC chuck, face and catch plates, centres etc.

The downside is that it has suffered from a damp environment and has been superficially and cosmetically affected by superficial rust here and there.

If anybody is looking for a good Myford ML7 lathe drop me a note - I've suggested to the owner, who doesn't use the internet, that a valuation in the region of £400 would appear to reasonable. Photographs available on request. Machine can be viewed near Shaftesbury, in north Dorset.

--

Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) "There *must* be an easier way!"

Reply to
Chris Edwards

hi chris been looking for a myford lathe and came across your ad any chance of some photographs I live up north derbyshire do travel around with my job down in bude mon /tue 26/27 september so travelling is ok

Reply to
a1fitter

Pictures sent by email. --

Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) "There *must* be an easier way!"

Reply to
Chris Edwards

....errr Send me your email address, please ! --

Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) "There *must* be an easier way!"

Reply to
Chris Edwards

Come on chaps. Don't take the negotiations off-list now, just at the interesting part with all the bargaining. The nation awaits the final price.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

If the ML7 is still available, I would be very interested?

May I contact you, or the owner about this please - my email address is: snipped-for-privacy@talktalk.net

best regards

Reply to
arwenu48