Taking the p**s

Am I missing something, or is this seller taking the piss?

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Probably just a typo as RDG sell the chucks for about £40 and the collets would bring the price upto £124.

jasonballamy

Looks auspiciously like an extra '1' and not checking what was written :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

£5 delivery looks reasonable to me...
Reply to
AC

Probably a typo but there is a seller called top_quality_tools IIRC who seems to ask about twice or more the normal retail price for a number of items I've looked for so I wonder what the idea is there. I know there is a tactic of selling at a high price even when it's not worth it so buyers think they're getting something special, maybe that's it.

Reply to
David Billington

It's also a tactic i've seen on eBay when a supplier is actually out of stock, but he doesn't want to drop the advert and go through the cost/bother of relisting later.

Reply to
Adrian C

Try this one... I think the seller is dreaming, rather than than taking the p Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Well, if he bought it from a dealer, he probably paid as much or more for it. If it's a dealer, there's the 20% vat to deduct + the listing and final value fees

  • warranty. Not making excuses, but i'm glad i'm not in the machine tool sales business.

Take a look at this:

Could be a very usefull machine here, but not at that price. It does look unused though and how much would such a machine cost new now, assuming that you could actually buy one of that quality ?...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

If you would like a complete Watchmakers Lathe CousinsUK have a nice Bergeon for £24,950.00 plus VAT. That does include a complete set of collets however.

Bill Lamond

Reply to
Bill Lamond

I guess the seller must have a few items out of stock then judging from this listing

*+cont*&_sacat=0&_odkw=&item=260963721313&pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Control_ET&_osacat=0&hash=item3cc2a66061&_ssn=top-quality-tools

Reply to
David Billington

I contacted RDG about a similar matter, and they confirmed to me that's what they're doing. Put it on your watch list and when it's back in stock the price drops again.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat