Fine PB gauze

Gentlemen,

Can anyone direct me to a source of fine copper, PB or other non-ferrous gauze for use as a water filter. The application is the filler of the saddle tank of my 5" gauge NG Hunslet. I need enough two pieces

1 off 3" x 3" approx. 1 off 3" x 9" approx. It needs to be 'fine' because miniature injectors become distinctly uncooperative in the presence of small foreign bodies.

I have seen some stuff (100 mesh/inch) which would be ideal but it is only available retail in 3" squares. I have also seen something that appears to be even finer but it is not really suitable for the application because it is barely self supporting when formed into a 3" high x 2.5" diameter cylinder.

Reply to
Mike H

You could try

- they seem to have a huge range of stuff and quite reasonable prices. They do 200 and 250 mesh bronze cloth but I've no idea how stiif it is. I guess you could use a support frame? They also have brass and stainless steel cloths.

Usual disclaimer.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

In message , Norman Billingham writes

Many thanks, it looks to be a useful lead. All dimensions on the site are metric so I have emailed them for their definition of "mesh".

Reply to
Mike H

Wires.co.uk (?formerly the Scientific Wire Comapny?) have a good range and are reliable, but are a bit expensive and slow to deliver in my experience.

JA Crew have stainless mesh at very reasonable prices if you want say 6" square.

Their dimensions are Imperial.

It's also available on eBay, but it's a bit pricier there.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother