Flexible 'snake' arm

Does anyone know where I can buy some of the flexible rod, such as that used as arms on 'snake' lights, please?

An example light is at the eBay link below. I just need the arm, and that on lights such as this isn't quite long enough. I may also (due to the length) need a slightly larger diameter.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave A

The word I had forgotten was 'gooseneck', searching for which brings up a lot of products such as microphone stands. I still can't find just the bare arm, but I think one of the many products will be a good source.

Should anyone else be interested, this one at Amazon seemed remarkably inexpensive:

Dave

Reply to
Dave A

Try Googling 'flexible arm'

There's this one Manfrotto Flexible Arm 55cm long 18mm diameter on

Regards Robin

Reply to
rsss

such as that

You can also try witzenmann.co.uk,

They make goosenecks up to 4 metres long, more or less as part of their stripwound tubes (there was a problem on the website so I am deducing that is how they get there)

Then there's Flexal in north London

and Moffat Products in the States.

Enough choice?

Robin

Reply to
rsss

Lester Caine

Would a flexible tap connector work?

Reply to
Neil

--FWIW this stuff makes a variety of widgets that really increase the possibilities. I've got two lamps in my shop that are based on it and they work a treat.

I'm not sure how small the stuff is made tho; the stuff I've got is maybe 1/2" dia at the widest point.

Reply to
steamer

Thanks for all the replies. I've ordered a couple of USB snake lights and a couple of the Amazon microphone goosenecks to experiment with.

(Grand total for all four items inc. p&p: £6.65!)

Dave

Reply to
Dave A