Flexible 'snake' arm

Does anyone know where I can buy some of the flexible rod, such as that used as arms on 'snake' lights, please?
An example light is at the eBay link below. I just need the arm, and
that on lights such as this isn't quite long enough. I may also (due to the length) need a slightly larger diameter.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item70363526918
Thanks,
Dave
On 16/10/2010 18:48, Dave A wrote:

The word I had forgotten was 'gooseneck', searching for which brings up a lot of products such as microphone stands. I still can't find just the bare arm, but I think one of the many products will be a good source.
Should anyone else be interested, this one at Amazon seemed remarkably inexpensive:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)87254622&sr=8-1>
Dave
Dave A Wrote: > On 16/10/2010 18:48, Dave A wrote:

<(Amazon.com product link shortened)87254622&sr=8-1>
Try Googling 'flexible arm'
There's this one Manfrotto Flexible Arm 55cm long 18mm diameter on http://www.sensablethings.co.uk/products/manfrotto-flexible-arm-heavy-duty/1508
Regards Robin
--
rsss
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 19:55:13 +0100, Dave A wrote:

B000KMEU7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid87254622&sr=8-1>
Would a flexible tap connector work?
--
Neil - reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

    --FWIW this stuff makes a variety of widgets that really increase the possibilities. I've got two lamps in my shop that are based on it and they work a treat. http://www.loc-line.com/products/index.html     I'm not sure how small the stuff is made tho; the stuff I've got is maybe 1/2" dia at the widest point.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Don't get mad,
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : get even...

You can also try witzenmann.co.uk,
They make goosenecks up to 4 metres long, more or less as part of their stripwound tubes (there was a problem on the website so I am deducing that is how they get there)
Then there's Flexal in north London
and Moffat Products in the States.
Enough choice?
Robin
--
rsss
Dave A wrote:

http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/pls00080/gooseneck-400mm-chrome/dp/ST01640
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
On 16/10/2010 18:48, Dave A wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I've ordered a couple of USB snake lights and a couple of the Amazon microphone goosenecks to experiment with.
(Grand total for all four items inc. p&p: 6.65!)
Dave