FOWLER Z7/SUPERBA PLOUGHING ENGINE MODEL AND RANSOMES BALANCE PLOUGH

I'm thinking about building the Fowler Superba ploughing engine by John Hainings. Does anybody have the relevent Model Engineer magazines that have the series on building this engine that they could copy for me?

I believe that he also designed a suitable balance plough to go with this engine. Does anybody know anything about this or have or know where I could get the drawings?

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
Gatesy

Well it was 1988 through 1990 starting 3860 All the copies our out by the scanner already as I have been building my own local library and just reached the Superba ;) These are still under copyright, but I think in the past we have established that remains with John rather than Model Engineer so I'm not sure who to ask about permission to use it on the modeltractionengines.co.uk webssite :( It's currently 750Mb but I'm about to OCR it and rescan some of the pictures to make it a bit more managable. ( Link sent privately )

There were a couple of articles in 1990 - but I've not dug them out yet. Blackgates list T.4 - Fowler 6 Furrow Balance Plough

also have the Superba castings in 2" And Brunell have it in 2 and 3 inch.

Lester Caine

Volume 3830 even

Was it really 2002 when I scanned that first :(

Lester Caine

Someone reported recently that Brunell are under new ownership, which is good news. When I enquired about these castings a few years ago I got nowhere with them, couldn't even get a price list. Hopefuly things have changed now.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

John Haining described a Fowler anti-balance plough in Model Enginee

beginning with issue 3314 3 February 1967 as part of the constructio series on the Fowler BB/BB1 ploughing engine in 2 inch scale. This is six furrow implement.

Does anyone know if the full detailed drawings of the BB/BB1 serie still available? Model Engineer's plans section do not have them.

I've started building a pair of 4 inch scale models and it would be great help if I could purchase or borrow a set of drawings in an scale. I have most of the ME's

-- daybb

this thread:

daybb1

Blackgates are listing T4 - Fowler 6 Furrow Balance Plough

15 lines down. They also have the RSJ/P/1 Ransomes Three Furrow Steerage Plough

Reply to
Lester Caine