Gaiter / Bellows

'noon all, I need a couple (initially at least) of convoluted rubber / black fabric gaiters / bellows. They are to seal the dust out from an area in front of a camera lens, and so need to be conical in shape, one from about 2"dia upto 4x6 rectangle in about

2", and one from 1"dia upto 4"x3" rectangle in about 2".

Any ideas?

cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

up via Google

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

lens,

about

Turn up / machine a male blank, and coat it with tool dip plastic coating - not the cutting tool stuff but the sort intended for making comfortable handle Plastidip I think it's called - J&L stock it. Peel off when dry

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

:) A cunning plan. thanks

Dave

Reply to
small.planes

Cheers, Ill give them a ring and see what they can do

Dave

Reply to
small.planes

Just out of interest - what is the name of the plastic stuff with preservative oil on the inside. I have recently acqured some old toolmaker apprentice pieces from the 1960s and the clear plastic (dipped? brushed-on?) casing has kept them like new.

Bill H Bill H Derby

Reply to
Bill H

making

Crocel is one trade name, sold by J&L

Incidentally, small cheap deep fat friers can be set to just the right temperature for Crocel - I used one for several years before I tripped over a genuine Crocel Pot. (But make sure your frier is the sort with the elements bonded to the outside of the container leaving a smooth inner surface, or it's hard to clean out.)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

And it makes the chips taste funny