Harrogate

So, what's the views on this years show?

Poor old JS was run of his feet and could only manage a cold coffee .....

Is it my imagination or are the boats (maybe they prefer ships?) and planes groups getting larger?

Impressed with the various model engines and I would love to see the 1/4 scale Goblin run. Thought the cranes were good too especially the drag line being controlled from a replica drivers chair.

Otherwise a good show with the usual stuff.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Thought perhaps the range of models on the club stands were a little disappointing compared with last year. The quality, standard of finish and general presentation was fully as good as ever though. I'd say that the Goblin will probably be a little cracker when he gets it finished, based on the time and attention to detail that he's lavished on it to date. I guess we must be imaginin' the same thing cuz I'm convinced there were far more boats and planes than ever before too... I thought the replica drivers seat for the dragline was a nice touch. It has what you might term "developable characteristics" for driver training! I went on Friday as normally it's the quietest day. It was mobbed! Cheers, Scruff.

Reply to
Scruff