Heenan Froude Dynamometer

Anyone have or know of a Heenan Froude DPX 0 for sale? All conditions considered.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
charles

Only RC Groups know why a post I made from Google Groups ended up suspended here. I hate "walled gardens" that make up the rules as they go....

However, for the benefit of anyone reading through the RC Groups interface I'm after a Heenan Froude DPX0 dynamometer. A DPX1 might be ok

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
charles p

Because bloody RC Groups leech the Usenet UKRME group feed and don't point out very well that it's nothing to do with them :-(

It ain't "Google Groups" either. Usenet was in existence and in use literally before the Internet and its protocols had been invented.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

In article , Mark Rand writes

Interesting question of terminology; I thought that, originally, the "internet" *was* usenet and a few other similar bits, plus e-mail traffic between servers. Its the word-wide web, based on websites and html (but still using the same infrastructure) that has virtually superseded it - at least the usenet part.

Even get people sending me html marketing e-mails these days, much good it does them as my reader, well, doesn't, and they get binned.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

I'm with Mark on this. It really irritated me that RC Groups, on their exte= rnal feeds, decided that I was "suspended". Stupid people. However they'll = never read this since I'm posting from Google Groups and whatever I say won= 't appear on their website. However I sue Google Groups because it works be= hind the corporate firewall.=20

Anyway, back to Dynos please!

Charles

Reply to
Charles P

We've got a couple of Heenan Froude water-brake dynos at work, but they're attached to a little 1000hp model air turbine. So I guess that the labs wouldn't appreciate them going missing :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Similar position re URGardening and Gardenbanter

Reply to
Macabre of Auchterloonie

Likewise.

If I think I might want to look at the content, I do a 'search and replace' on < and substitute (, then send it to the originator and ask for them to re-snd in plain text...

Those 'engineered' from M$ Worm tend to b e rather full of useless code

- useless to sender and recipient, so I wonder what M$ gets back from it?

Reply to
Macabre of Auchterloonie

Didn't remember to reply to this bit..

Usenet originally used the UUCP (unix to unix copy) protocol. If you look at the headers of a message you'll see things like:-

That's the path of servers through which the message flowed. The significant part is the exclamation marks. These are the "bang addressing" that UUCP used. This addressing form is used by usenet even in these days of TCP/IP and can work equally well with servers talking to each other directly by modem (as it was originally intended to do :-)

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand