Infra-red thermometer

Hi,

I'm looking for an infra-red thermometer that will work for temps between -10 and + 700 degrees C but the cheapo versions I've found only go up to 250 degrees C or thereabouts. Anyone here found a more useful (but still cheap) variant that will do what I need ?

Many thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

The ones I've seen that reach to say 700°C aren't cheap at all. Something like 1 EUR per degree. :-) Does it really have to be IR?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

This goes to 650C for £36. Best I can see on eBay. Any good?

Bob

Thanks for the pointer, I will let you know how good it is when it arrives ;-)

Thanks again,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Well, to reply to my own post, so far it seems pretty good : The laser sighter works and can be turned off (preferable for measuring the temperature of your own eyeball :-). I never realized the temperature of the back wall of my fridge is about 10 degrees colder than the side walls, this explains a few things and is going to lead to the purchase of a new one as soon as I'm a bit more solvent. Haven't tried it on anything hot yet but I don't have any way of calibrating the readings at higher temperatures in any case.

So to anyone who is thinking if getting one they seem OK so far and are reasoably priced even including the high postage. Delivery was quick too.

Mike

Reply to
Mike