Interacts

I want an Interact.. I looked at them at Steve Mooneys about a year ago. At the time I decided I needed a 4, I want 13.5"+y travel. I was browsing Mooneys stock list and the interact shave powere requirmenst listed as 22kw! 8hp spindle and??? how has one and hwo are you getting on with it. what's the differances in controlers. Do the heads comne off, so i can get it through a 6 foot high doorway? can you drip feed all the controlers?

Reply to
richard

Interact 4 ??

22Kw power ?? Do you live next to a power station?

There are far smaller physical machines out there that have a decent Y axis without renting King Kong's perch.

My Beaver NC5 has 16" in the Y 32" in the X and is the same size as a Interact 2 and yes it will fit thru a 6' doorway with the head off.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Don't know about king kongs perch but they do have a solid look to them. I will have to ask where the 22kw comes from. I did notice when i looked again they are listed as .1mm postion accuracy;-) I saw an NC5 at an auction, it looked about right but it looked to big. That was when I was first seriously looking for a mill and I still had visions of getting cars in my workshop[I can barely get two bikes in there now, a lathe will have to go].

Reply to
richard