Is this a cylindrical grinding attachment??

Chaps

I have had this item on the shelf gathering dust for years. I think it's a cylindrical grinding attachment. It's made by Siemens, is powered by a 3 phase 1450rpm motor (usefully it's 6 wire) and appears to have a 4MT taper in the spindle .I don't have anything 4MT to test in it but it seems to measure up that way. The head swivels 90 degrees either way. The "centre height" is about 1

3/4". Have a look at the photos and tell me if I'm right in thinking that it's a cylindrical grinding attachment. Anyone know any more?

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com/detail?.dir=/65c1&.dnm=69c9.jpg&.src=ph

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

(usefully

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com/detail?.dir=/65c1&.dnm=69c9.jpg&.src=ph

Charles,

I think that is probably the work head off a cylindrical grinder rather than the wheel head.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Or for a T&C grinder, in which case you could describe it as a 'cylindrical grinding attachmement'.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Tim Leech posted ..........

Or even possibly an attachment.

Sorry Tim! - could not help it ;)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

"> >Charles,

I'm with you Tim. What I've got work out is will it be easier to adapt this head to fit my J&S 310 or would it be easier to find/make the powered workhead conversion that Jones & Shipman made....

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I might be interested in doing a swap for the workhead from a J&S cylindrical grinder, if that's of any help?

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

You mean you don't have an attachmement for your cylindricalal grinderer??

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

If it was cylindricalal then it would be trapeezzeoid or is that trabantezoid ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

In message , Tony Jeffree writes

Ugh! Sounds like a sort of prosthetic! :0

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Aren't they one of the alien species from Star Trek?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

No there'r the ones with hardboard bodies and smoky exhaust they used to infill the Berlin wall with.