Jaguar cub

Anyone got a manual for an IMO Jaguar Cub,Model VC150D.It`s not listed on IMO`s site.Can anyone confirm if this is a rebadged Fuji? Mark.

Reply to
mark

All IMO's are Fugi's Can't find a manual off hand but what are you stuck with, used to fit these some years ago and may be able to remember settings.

John S.

Reply to
John S

John, it`s not for me.It`s a mate down south who has bought a mill with one on.He`s fitted a reversing switch between the inverter and motor.It was running ok but stopped with a red flashing led.I`ve never used inverters but it sticks in my mind that you should not interupt the wiring between the inverter and the motor but should reverse them via the control wiring.Is that correct?

Mark.

Reply to
mark

Ooops that's a definite no no. I'll have a look tomorrow, might be an old copy in the truck.

John S.

Reply to
John S

Mark

According to IMO literature, the VC150 is 1986 vintage and the VCD series are from 1989. Definitely "old".

I share John's thought. "Oops" may be a little tame.

Yes. Modern VFD units are Started, Stopped and Reversed via the control wiring and the 3-phase motor must remain "permanently connected" whilst the unit is powered.

The red flashing LED may just be an overload or overvoltage warning that can be reset. On the other hand, it may be a cat-as-trophy and it's telling you, "I'm dead".

Best of luck to your friend.

Andy

Reply to
houstonceng