JIM COX RIP

http://www.ekco-electronics.co.uk/VJCox.htm I'm pretty certain that Jim posted here now and then as 'pentagrid' he was the author of a couple of books in the workshop practice series
on electric motors.
Bob
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 21, 5:16 pm, Bob Minchin

Yes, nice chap met him a few times. Got an email from his son in law today to say he's passed away in September.
John S.
Add pictures here
✖

Indeed he did, he helped me out a few years ago when I was converting a three phase motor to run on single phase -using big capacitors before VFD's were cheaply available. A very knowledgable gentleman, and willing to freely share his knowledge. I had no idea of his background, it sounds like he lead a very interesting life. Certainly a measure of the esteem in which he was held that the company he used to work for have posted such a glowing obituary on their web site.
Regards Kevin
Add pictures here
✖

Very helpful chap. His advice, both in written form and from personal contact has helped me (and I'm sore, others) greatly.
I'll raise a glass
Charles
Add pictures here
✖