JIM COX RIP

'm pretty certain that Jim posted here now and then as 'pentagrid' he was the author of a couple of books in the workshop practice series on electric motors.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yes, nice chap met him a few times. Got an email from his son in law today to say he's passed away in September.

John S.

Reply to
John S

Indeed he did, he helped me out a few years ago when I was converting a three phase motor to run on single phase -using big capacitors before VFD's were cheaply available. A very knowledgable gentleman, and willing to freely share his knowledge. I had no idea of his background, it sounds like he lead a very interesting life. Certainly a measure of the esteem in which he was held that the company he used to work for have posted such a glowing obituary on their web site.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Very helpful chap. His advice, both in written form and from personal contact has helped me (and I'm sore, others) greatly.

I'll raise a glass

Charles

Reply to
Charles p