Basic metal turning book suggestions

Tonight, I'm collecting my lathe (Warco WMT300). I need to source a book or two to help me sort out the basics, preferably reasonably modern so I can
read about indexed tools and the types available. I'm interested in the different types of steel available: also, boring and screw cutting. I'm not completely new to turning - I did 'O' level metalwork in a boys secondary modern school in 1966 . I haven't done anything beyond very basic turning of things like motorcycle wheel spacers since then (I had access to a small lathe when I was still working).
All suggestions gratefully received.
John

The Workshop Practice series is pretty useful: http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/sector/33/books-dvds?Brands
I've bought several despite the exchange-rate PITA of mail-ordering them from the USA. jsw