book(s) on metal

I just bought Performance welding and Welders Handbook and they are great so far but they only touch on certain metals and there properties. Is there a book that specifically focuses on metals and there properties and how to work with them and identifiy them? I am looking for something a little more scientific. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
321zyx

How about "Metals and How to Weld Them" by the James F. Lincoln Welding Foundation? Go to the Lincoln website and dig around in their publications section.

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

Thanks.