Need help with sheetmetal work

I am posting this request for help for a friend of mine in Nottingham UK..

He needs to have 4 loudspeaker grilles made from 2 mm perforated steel sheet..

The steel sheet itself is not a problem, but making the bends is a bit hard without the proper tools..

You will be compensated for your time!

If anyone in the Nottingham area can help him please let me know via email: snipped-for-privacy@naeslund.dkREMOVE

I have posted this message ( grilles.txt ) along with a drawing of the ideal result ( grilles.jpg ) in the dropbox

Thanks in advance..

Peter

If you can't find anyone on this list who'll do it for you this is the kind of thing that any sheet metal shop worth it's salt will do for you. They usually like the oddball jobs, and if they don't then you need to find a different shop!

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Reply to
JR North

If you can make a form out of wood or metal, it is pretty easy to pound the metal to the shape of the form. This is called "hammerforming", and is a traditional metalshaping technique. You can use a rubber or wooden mallet, use hardwood sticks like they were a chisel or a punch, etc.

Richard

JR North wrote:

Reply to
Richard Ferguson

Looks to me like a simple press brake job. That's assuming the metal already is perforated.

Reply to
DougR

"Richard Ferguson" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@att.net...

Thanks for the replies.. Seems that making a form from MDF and rounding the edges with a handheld router is the solution..

/peter