Jim Cox "Pentagrid" RIP

I'm pretty certain that Jim posted here now and then as 'pentagrid'

> he was the author of a couple of books in the workshop practice series > on electric motors. > > Bob

Yes, nice chap met him a few times. Got an email from his son in law today to say he's passed away in September.

John S."

I also corresponded with Jim a few times over the years and bought his books. He was a helpful and nice guy. Eric

Reply to
etpm

I am very sorry about his passing. He will be greatly missed, but never forgotten.

Ignoramus8802

We've lost a wealth of motor knowledge :-( RIP rgentry at oz dot net

Reply to
Bob Gentry

Aw, man that's a loss. Let's put him next to tee-nut in our memory files. He was a nobullshit contributor.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I made it a point to read all his posts and often learned something from them.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I'm sorry to hear that he is no more. I also liked to read his postings, though I don't think that I ever exchanged direct e-mails with him.

DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

That is sad news. I was searching to see if Don Foreman has been posting recently just to check up on him and I saw this thread. Pentagrid was real gentleman and I have at least one of his books that has helped me.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

SNIP

recently just to

Hey Wes,

Don hasn't posted much, but I had a question about something last week, and he did reply, but with alacrit, which he is not his "norm".

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

ps....and what has changed YOU'RE posting habits lately? Once every five days or so is a drastic change from former years!?!?!

Reply to
Brian Lawson

recently just to

I am sorry to hear of his passing too. He was one who I was always glad to read here.

Too Bad, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

recently just to

I recieved an email from him yesterday in reply to my email checking up on him. Don is alive and well.

I've been working 12-13 out of 14 days in a row most of the last year and I've rekindled my interest in shooting. Spare time is in very short supply. This year is looking like I'll be working more than I want to again.

That isn't all bad. I have a decent job, I'm saving money for retirement and it does allow me to stock up on toys to play with. Some of which may have to wait for a future time.

I'm filtering pretty aggressively on the political crap and marking almost every political thread 'ignore'. That doesn't mean I've changed my political views one bit, it means I don't want to offend the on topic posters and I've come to realize I'll never change the minds of the hardcore political trolls.

I hope you find yourself in excellent health and are enjoying your retirement years to the maximum.

Wes

Reply to
Wes
[ ... ]

[ ... working more than you want to ... ]

Understood.

every political

I wish that more did this. If everyone (but the trolls) did that, they wouldn't get the feedback that they want (that they've offended someone), and might eventually go away. :-)

years to the

And you, when it gets that time. I know that I am enjoying mine. Latest project involved two interests and made use of two more:

Involved:

Electronics (the problem). metalworking (the solution).

Used: Photography. Computers (building the web page).

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

for a future