L111 Aluminium Plate

Mine just arrived too, what an awesome piece of metal, can't thank you enough for the trouble you've gone to for us Richard.
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 04:06:18 -0800 (PST), pcb1962

And mine arrived too - complete with struggling DHL man :) I would also echo the above sentiments. Thanks
Peter
On 09/03/2010 15:49, Peter Neill wrote:

Lots of thanks from me as well.
Picked three plates up today from Derby via the Mark Rand infernal delivery service, two for me and one for Dave Sanderson who collected his tonight.
May I offer thanks for this opportunity to obtain a couple of nice pieces of alloy plate for projects as yet unthought of, but I'm working at it.
John S.
John S wrote:

I've plans for one of mine which will involve a trip over to you to execute it ;)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Why would you need to execute a lump of aluminium. What has it done?
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Interesting thought, I acquired one last Monday, what sort of method would execute 30mm x 325mm x 1000mm Al. Electrocution?, that would be one big fuse!. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about and they're ex regional fuses for the local nuclear plant grid supply.
David Billington wrote:

Well I am open to any useful suggestions as to how to convert it into a more practical profile for the Taig mill ;) John has some nice big guns that a little more effective at executing it then my little pea shooters :)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
On 19/03/2010 06:51, Lester Caine wrote:

A rough calculation gives (unless I messed up)a 0.05 degree C rise if struck end on by the average lightning bolt.

Some of mine is destined to become a bit of gun actually....
thanks to all for the supply and delivery :)
Dave

In case anyone else is stuck my bandsaw will handle 18" x 12" rectangular and 13 1/2" diameter.
John S.
John S wrote:

A little better than my junior hack saw :)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL