Lathe & Mill

Yeah, that was my experience, they delivered and told me it would arrive on a tail lift truck... Did it hell, I couldn't hold my end of the crate, so it crashed to the deck. At least the crate was so tough, no damage to the machine, but I wasn't impressed.

Joules

Reply to
Joules

This reflects the comments about quality earlier in the thread. The machines are quality machines: you get what you expect and pay for. The agents have no idea about quality so mess the customer about.

Reply to
Tim Christian

Thanks for the replies.

When i`ve saved my money (Around December - all being well) I will have to decide. As I said the 626 looks good value for the money. I`m not looking for anyhting too industrial as it has to fit in my garage and has to run on 240v 1ph. I bought a Milling video from ebay a while ago and it showed a nice table top Turret type milling machine of the Knee type. Looked well made and all the table movements were manual. Also looked a good size table. Has anybody seen this video and can they identify the make/model of machine? I may decide to go the route of a tidy secondhand machine - does anybody have any recomendations?

Thanks again

Paul

Reply to
paul.morrey

Paul, I am hoping to get my mill in September, it's going to be the Warco VMC (same design as 626). 240vac, and I can shift it around my workshop/garage. I like the finishing touches on this machine, better hand wheels and much larger splash/swarf tray. I'm also a sucker for green machines...but thats another story.

Joules

Reply to
Joules

Joules, have you seen the VM26 on the toolco website

On special at the Moment £975 + Vat + Del.

This also looks like the same machine?

Has anyone experience of this supplier?

Do all these machines come from the same factory and why is there a difference in finish quality if so?

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
paul.morrey

Yep I saw this machine recently, on the web, I've no experience with this company what so ever, and these mills do vary from good, to very rough, if the corners get cut. Can't comment on it, but I would still rather spend a little more and get the Warco, not much in it if you take the price of the power feed that Warco are doing with the VMC, I just hope that offer last's till I can get mine.

Joules

Reply to
Joules

Sounds like a good idea Joules.

Keep me posted on your progress. I`m hoping they might have some reductions/offers around Xmas Time!

All the best

Paul

Reply to
paul.morrey