Leadscrew Cover Springs

Does anyone know of a source of cover springs to go over a leadscrew, I'd like to add them to my lathe but can't find any source. The wound flat strip coil-spring type that I'm after used to be made by Tensator, but these days they only make Post Office barriers and the like, no 'engineering' production :-( A few other people make the straight extension constant force springs that Tensator also used to do, but no one seems to do the conical coil springs.

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

Hi, there are a couple on the internet you could try, Spiroflex.com and Henniguk.com, hope this helps David

Reply to
david homer

The following link will take you to a list of standard sizes but does not show the cost. My 2007 catalogue shows N6236 the cheapest at =A325.79 and N6719 the most expensive at =A3168.38.

Dick Gays

Reply to
Dick

if you use the shopping basket it would seen they are giving them away free ;)

Reply to
Lester Caine

Well if you use the shopping basket it would seen they are giving them

You didn't read the small print...:

"Please note: Where a price is shown as £0.00, item is Price on application. Please contact sales for a quotation, minimum quantities may apply."

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

> Well if you use the shopping basket it would seen they are giving them

Do we ever ;)

Reply to
Lester Caine

Before you get one, wind the saddle towards the headstock as far as you'll ever likely to go, then measure the space available for the fully compressed spring. You might find there isn't enough room for it. I had to remove the one fitted to my lathe for just this reason.

Reply to
lemel_man

Thanks for all the leads chaps.

Richard