low voltage bulb

I have a late 60's Holbrook lathe that uses a 50V bulb in the low
voltage machine lamp. The bulb has two contacts and a smaller screw in
base than the "edison socket" used in the states. Does someone know
where I could purchase these? Thanks.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Two contacts with a screw cap? That seems unlikely to me. There is a 'small edison screw' (SES) cap, but that will only have a centre contact.
If it came from a large firm, it's just possible they had specials to avoid pilfering or people putting low voltage bulbs in mains sockets. I have two machines, ex- ICI, with bayonet cap lampholders, standard except for three bayonet pins instead of two. Try buying those in your local B&Q
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock
Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs
Reply to
bister wrote in message ...
I had to get something similar a few weeks ago. 50volts and standard bayonet cap.I found these at CPC. they also had some screw cap ones but not needing this type, I did not pay much attention to the others they stocked.
formatting link

Reply to
Bob Minchin
Also worth trying
formatting link
usual disclaimer crap
Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.