M15 messages

Hi All

I have not been a member on this group for long but am going to unsubscribe, I can't do with the rubbish which starts with M15, is there no way of blocking this rubbish.

Derek Tuckey

Reply to
tuck

? We have not had a batch of those for some time Given the blanket nature of those attacks - quoting every newsgroup as a target - it is difficult to get around them. If they find an address blocked, they just change address :( It is the main reason I prefer email based lists - crap goes straight in the shredder :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

Well, this group is one of the cleanest. If you want > 60% crap, off-topic and political nonsense in a metal-working group, subscribe to rec.crafts.metalworking.

You have to live with that and/or write complaints to the ISP letting pass that crap.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Many news readers support filtering. Find one that does, that you like, and use it.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

email the abuse address in the headers and hopefully they will oblige.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

This person appears to send his missives in bulk to lots of newsgroups.

I would agree with the suggestion about blocking the sender, I use 'News Rover', which though not free, does allow individuals to be blocked.

MH

Reply to
max

In outlook express just use the "block sender" option under the "message" menu.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Derek

I suspect the problem might be that you're taking a feed from Google Groups which isn't the best source for news groups. Do tell me if I'm teaching Grandma to such eggs but since you're with virgin.net it might be better to set up using their settings in Outlook. See

If you need a primer on news groups Wikipedia has a background.
In short they are NOTHING like Yahoo or moderated groups although I know that many people read the content via the web in Google Groups or RC Groups. IMHO reading the content in the proper form is a much better experience.

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping