Machinery Prices

The current West Point Machine Tools flyer came this morning, and I was browsing through at tea break to see what was on offer and looking for the occasional bargain (I live in hope!)

What did strike me was that even relatively old machinery still seems to command a decent price, as long as it has been looked after or comes from a college or the MOD :-))

Radial arm drills always fetch decent ££'s, but the two items that started this thought train off were:

George Swift Gap Bed Centre Lathe, 19" swing, 31" swing in gap, 70" between centres 2.5" through the headstock, £3750.00 Ex College.

Lang ditto, 21" swing, 34" swing in gap, 56" between centres, 4-1/4" through the headstock £2750.00 Ex MOD.

There's a lot of metal for the money there, any thoughts??

Peter

Prepair Ltd

You're quite right about the history being important to prices but there are bargains about.

This one on Ebay looks a good deal for the buyer

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping