Magnifying Visor?

Hi all,

I have a vague recollection of seeing advertisements in either M.E. or E.I.M. for a form of magnifying visor for use when handling very small work. As far as I recall it consisted of a head-band from which was suspended a lens. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Reply to
Mike H

The "Optivisor" brand is commonly available in Canada.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve Rayner

No, but here's a selection, the headband magnifier is toward the bottom of the page:

I'm sure there are cheaper suppliers, too!

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I have an Optivisor which cost the thick end of £50 BUT Chronos do them [ a cheaper but functional version ] for under £20. I bought one of theirs to give me a different lens magnification. The lens are interchangable.

Try this

Mike D

Steve R.

Reply to
Mike D

I bought a cheap one at an exhibition. It has a second set of lenses that hinge down inside to give an even closer view. I find it invaluable. Even though the lenses are plastic, they give a clear view.

This looks very similar:

I ordered one of these for a friend, and it arrived promptly - but I didn't open the package (I sent it on) so cant yet comment on quality until i've seen it.

Wilfrid

Reply to
Wilfrid Underwood

I have the "Peer" one which I think I got from Chronos, £15 or so. They come in three powers: 1.75, 2.5, 2.75 and I got the strongest. With hindsight the weakest may be the most useful because of its longer working distance. They fit over glasses.

Reply to
OldScrawn

Mike,

Try the link below, you will not beat this price anywhere.

Regards Dav

-- Natalshar

this thread:

Natalshark