Mayday!

I've just wasted three hours of my life trying to track down 2 off 10mm x 1.25 50mm long fully threaded screws. I have a fine collection of teeth-sucking, sarcastic storemen, and nothing else to show for my efforts.

Anyone got any ideas on where I can lay my hands on these mythical beasts?

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Oooohhh..I don't know about that Nigel...no call for them these days you know... ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

In article , Tony Jeffree writes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

:^)

Actually, I've had an email that's pointed me at a supplier (thanks Don!).

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Yes, but not telling you - so there

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

In article , John Stevenson writes

You're not nice to me.

I've got a couple on their way to me, so I don't care. ;^)

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

I thought about that. I perused the metric thread chart on the end of the Colchester for a while, thought "bugger that for a game of soldiers" and went shopping.

I'm going to have to figure this out soon, though. I've got an M42 x 0.5 internal thread to cut.

How do I get myself into these jobs?

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

There's your problem - if you see every problem as a steam engine, even a 50mm machine screw, no wonder you find it hard

Tim Leech

You forgot the "You're the 12th person today to ask for them today but..." prefix.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In article , Tim Leech writes

"Where are the valves? And that bloody flywheel's too small to be any use at all..."

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

One hardly expects wine connoisseurs at the local parts bin, surely?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

despite the fact that the spotty oik behind

God your lucky, the spotty oiks round here don't know the difference between a parsec and a whole sec.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

I didn't realise the the parts emporiums of the UK were so multi-faceted..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Depends whether they are even or Oddbins.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Try

ghoti

Hi Nigel,

Are you sure about the pitch you need?

According to my books, M10 coarse has 1.5mm pitch and M10 fine has 1.0 pitch.

Maybe this is why you can't find the so and so's?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In article , Bob Minchin writes

I'm afraid so! (Bloody Italian motorcycles).

I've tracked a couple down, and they're in place.

Cheers!

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Not M42x1.0 by any chance?

- Brian (still puzzling out some of the details of a Nikon bayonet)

Reply to
Brian Drummond

In article , Brian Drummond writes

M42 x 1 it is (now I've got the drawing).

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Aaahhh a sloppy 1-5/8" x 26