MEC BROWN cut off saws

Can anyone point me to an illustration of a MEC BROWN cut off saw fitted with the left hand bar support. It's missing on mine, there just being the lug that it mounts on. It would be nice to copy the original design rather than re-invent the wheel.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

--I've got a Mec Brown cold saw but not sure if it's the same model as yours. FWIW the parent company is Pedrazzoli (sp?) and they're probably still around; try Google?

Reply to
steamer

Yes they are still arround and still supply spares but even the saw's manual doesn't illustrate the left hand bar support. I >think< it pivots up into the position for use, and swings down out of the way on the cast lug on the main body of the machine, but that is only speculation on my part

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

--Sooo the left had bar support is just a support for long workpieces or does it do something more? I made a folding infeed roller for my saw; photo here:

...and let me be the first to say it's a crummy kludge and needs improvement! :-)

Reply to
steamer

I have this on my saw. It does exactly what you suggest it does, pivots. I'll photograph the bar support on Monday when I go to the workshop. I will also look to see if I have a spare one, as I scrapped an old MEC saw some years ago, and took many bits off it, which must be somewhere in the workshop, but cant remember if the arm was one of the parts. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

message

Bob,