MES Taps.......

does anyone know of a source of MES (mini Edison Screw) taps???? it would be very helpful for a little project I am working on

TIA

Tim

-- From the Keyboard of Tim Bird Home Page

Photo Gallery

Gravity is not just a good idea........ ITS THE LAW!!! How can I soar like an Eagle.... When I am surrounded by Turkeys!!!!

Reply to
Tim Bird

Hi Tim,

I've always considered Tracy tools as one of the best for 'oddball' taps and dies,although I have read on at least one recent occasion that they have not been as able to help as much as expected.

If you want to have a go as making one then I have the dimensions here. Let me know if you want me to post them.

I have had taps made by the Tap & Die Co

at quite resonable prices but to be fair these have been conventional vee threads rather than rope threads.

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin