Metal Bender wanted

Hi all

I am just starting to restore my 1971 MG Midget and I am in need of a box and pan folder in order to make up bits to repair the badly rusted out bottom

Does any one have, or know of any one who has, a Gabro BF620 folder that I can buy off them

Any help would be gratefully received as this is the only bit of kit I need now before starting the rebuild

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Hall

Andrew,

They turn up on eBay about once a week but so far have been beyond my pocket !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That's the problem with deep pockets.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

=============== Andrew, I restored an MGB a few years ago, involved replacing most of the floor pan, etc. I made a metal folder out of a couple of pieces of hefty angle-iron, about 2" x 2" x 1/4", from memory. Rawl-plugged one piece to the concrete garage floor, and bolted on a couple of door-hinges and a short piece of 1/2" rod each end for handles. Worked! JW² =========

Reply to
JW²

But they must have short arms!(:-)

A bit like mine!(:-)

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I have a nice little booklet published by the Intermediate Technology Development Group, called "How to make a folding machine for sheet metal work" by Rob Hitchings.

Simple instructions for building a fair sized folding machine.

Can get in on Amazon here;

(sorry for long link)

Hope this helps,

Ed