MEW- Setting up a Workshop Special

Anyone else had trouble getting their copy?

I ordered one online at the new myhobbystore.com website in early September but haven't got it yet. Magicalia & myhobbystore are pretty hopeless at sorting this on the phone, and I've not had a reply to e-mails sent yet.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Salamanda

I think you missed my point there

Reply to
Peter Neill

Hi Peter, I find the staff at Myhobbystore to be friendly and helpful, but don't expect anything to appear in less than a fortnight. At least that is how long plans took to arrive, both for me and a friend. the wizard

Reply to
the wizard

Hi Peter, I find the staff at Myhobbystore to be friendly and helpful, but don't expect anything to appear in less than a fortnight. At least that is how long plans took to arrive, both for me and a friend. the wizard

Ordered mine on-line and it arrived about 3 weeks ago, so at least some orders have been sent out.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Hi Norman, Why didn't you pick up a copy when you were at Ascot and saved yourself the postage? They were after all only forty feet from our stand. the wizard

Reply to
the wizard

I'm sure they would be helpful if only one could actually speak to them!

The main phone number on their website goes to a staff voicemail box, and the automated system option that says 'press 0 to speak to the switchboard' says it's not a valid extension number when you press it....

However, I have now had an e-mail reply from Eileen King who assures me that a copy will be sent out promptly.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Saw it advertised in Model Engineer, the picture clearly shows =A33.75 on the cover, when i went to WH Smith on Sunday the price on the cover was =A34.99, it stayed on the shelf if they cant advertise it at the right price.

Reply to
paul swindell

I ordered it mid September, got fed up of waiting for it about a week ago and emailed myhobbystore and had a reply back from Eileen King, received the magazine the day after. So you should get it within a day or two.

Regards

Azz

Reply to
Azz

Well my copy arrived this morning. The Cherry Hill article was very interesting, as were the pictures of her models. As for the rest, well I think I probably would have left it on the shelf of WH Smiths after having a skim through, as it's basic stuff for anyone just starting out. A lesson learned there perhaps.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

In article , Peter Neill writes

I'm inclined to agree, Peter. It didn't surprise me, given the content of previous "specials". I got it largely because of the Cherry Hill section.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Peter

Glad to hear you got your copy. I tend to agree that it is a bit basic but I too enjoyed the brief insight into Cherry Hill's workshop. I was expecting something a little more like one of the original Stan Bray Workshop Specials I think they were called; in that they visited several different workshops with plenty of pictures that gave me some good ideas and tips on storage, tools, location etc. It lived on the bedside cabinet and was a regular source of inspiration for several years as I started out. This one, after an enjoyable hour or so was consigned to a storage file. Still a useful read for those just starting out in the hobby.

Regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

I'm with you chaps. Cynically I thought that it was only "special" in as much as the ad manager thinks it's an especialy good way to get more money from the regular advertisers.

However given that it was a W H Smith only product in retail it might have been part of a deal to help to negotiate a better presence on their shelves. That would make it worthwhile.

Charles

Reply to
Charles P

I've not read the issue in question but from the comments here, it does sound like the content was well matched to the title and if anything, the article about Cherry Hill might be considered out of context. Maybe readers were expecting "Setting up a special workshop"? Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi All, Personally I would pay four times the price if Cherry Hill could be persuaded to write a book on her method of working. T.W.

Reply to
the wizard