Minimum usable rdius on 5" gauge?

My garden is only 30' foot wide and it seemed to me that any

5" gauge layout would be limited to an out-and-back straight run.

However, at the recent Bristle exhibition, one supplier was selling Y-points with only a 10' radius.

Therefore, how many of the standard designs, Sweet Pea, Simplex, Speedy, etc, would negotiate such curves?

Reply to
Airy R Bean

In message , Airy R Bean writes

Most of the short 0-4-0 trains should go round that (but the manufacturers won't say so) and I believe the Ride-On-Railways electric can even get to 8 foot but not recommended.

Josh

Reply to
Josh Haigh

Probably depends on how much gauge-widening you employ on your curves. Also, the speed that you propose to take the locos around them.

Dave.

Reply to
spitfire2