Modulator

Are these modulators any good?

Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 140,000 groups Unlimited download
to open account

Reply to
Polymath

You're becoming a bigger bore than the Chippenham cretin...

HTH tox

Reply to
tox

It's that yank from cornwall I bet

Reply to
G1LVN (for it is he)

oh, you are good :-)

Reply to
G1LVN (for it is he)

(probably went completely over your head that one I suppose)

Reply to
G1LVN (for it is he)

i thought certain people were not supposed to use this forum

-- bolma

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:

this thread:

bolmas

Please keep this stuff where it belongs. Thankyou

Tim

Tim Leech

Is there a way to block all posts with the cross posting uk.radio.amateur when downloading uk.rec.engineering.....( using outlook express ) ?

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

There (was) a program called nfilter - I don't think it's generally available anymore tho.

Failing that, an old trick which may work - subscribe to uk.radio.amateur, download, then "mark as read".

This should get rid of all the ura crossposts on uk.r.m.e (or at least mark them as read)

Failing that, I've read Forte Agent has a good filter - dunno about the free version.

Reply to
bigegg

Some news readers let you block individual news groups although I don't know about OE. Another way is to delete the group from the header 'newsgroups' but that only goes for subsequent posts in that line.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

The free version doesn't have any filters -I've already tried it today. Perhaps it would be worth upgrading. Will the filters on the full version allow filtering out all cross posted messages?

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Try just blocking the senders.

"Polymath" usually instigates the cross postings and few from the group he is currently bothering venture here intentionally.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Not been through the whole setup. we are on the full version and not long upgraded to V3.0 which was almost immediately replaced by V3.1 which I have yet to install.

In this case it is easier to just ignore those posts from the afflicted one, they are easy enough to spot, or us the programme that J.S. was giving out last year, I haven't brought it out of retirement yet, but may have to if the village idiot gets ranting again.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Just done that, was pretty painless!

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I suggest to that the way that you and others seized on the interjection from that other NG when you could not conceal your rather sick glee at my predicament might account for the situation in which you now find yourself?

Reply to
Polymath

This NG is an international public forum wherein one expects to see technical excellence.

It should be a place for enlightenment and reasoned technical discussion. It certainly used to be like that.

For some reason, best known only to yourself, you have chosen to turn it into an outpost of the infants' school playground using behaviour and emotional stances left behind years ago by mature contributors.

Such an exhibition by you does nothing for your reputation, nor for the well-being of this NG.

Shame on you.

You should know better.

Brian Reay wrote:

Reply to
Polymath

IMHO, tossers that have been arrested for internet harrassment should be banned from posting for life.

Reply to
huLLy