My DIY press brake and shop press

Good morning! :-)

Upon request of some gents here, I have made photos of my shop press and press brake. The press has 10 tons, and used an old cylinder I loooong ago used for body work. I have built this press some years ago, when I found a really interesting concept of bending sheet metal. It replaces the vee die with a polyurethane bar. This solution is very interesting for fine work, because it doesn't scratch the work and is simpler than making your own vee die and hardening it.

You find a description here:

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I'll have a beer now, because pubs don't close at 11 here. :-P

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Hi Nick!

Cheers for the pics, nice bit of kit.

Ed

Nick M=FCller wrote:

Reply to
zedbert

Don't remember who it was, but someone asked for clarifying pictures while bending sheet metal. Did that.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller