My homepage in progress is up.

Well I've finally gotten around to making a small homepage. If you want to take a look and critique it's at.

Thanks.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Reply to
Wayne Cook

You have a nice press there. What tonnage? It might be a smart idea to put a link on that handle to allow the operator to move out of harms way. You need another three feet or better yet around that column when straightening or pressing what it is capable of. Randy

Well I've finally gotten around to making a small homepage. If you want to take a look and critique it's at.

Thanks.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

Nice set of this and that - I like the KISS web page - anyone can read it!

Good Work! - and thanks for the info.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

Thanks. It'll do about 100 tons fairly easily. I'm not fond of pushing it beyond that.

I generally work real hard at getting behind the uprights when I'm concerned about something coming out. I have had a piece of tool bar snap and go over my head once (one like the piece next to my left pocket in the pic). That was a rather eye opening experience.

I do sometimes wish there was more opening. I've got a set of dies made to for bending sheet metal. I have used it to bend just short of

5' of 3/16" plate and I'm pretty sure the dies would hold up to 1/4" plate. But the 5' opening does limit the length somewhat. As for straightening many pieces can be run between the opening in the uprights allowing really long pieces to be straightened. A couple of months ago I straightened a 4" x 30' drill stem for a cable tool drilling rig.

That press was made by my former employers father a very long time ago. My former employer is now 78 and based on what he's told me the press was built before they had any machine tools. That would date it to sometime in the 30-40's. It's got a ram from a cotton press that's been cut down in length.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

You never have enough tonnage:') I recently helped build a 3,500 ton horizontal press for bending pipe and large side flange. Our shop press is

60 tons and we end up maxing it out regularly. A press is one of the most useful tools for a fab shop. You can make your own tooling to put under. Randy

[...]

Thanks. I despise fancy web pages myself. I worked pretty hard picking the colors to be easy to read and easy on the eye's.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

That's for sure. But I think you're overcompensating with 3,500 ton. :-)

We had a 60 ton at my previous employers and it did get maxed out regularly. Currently I've just got a small 12 ton home made that I built years ago to supplement the big press. I would like one in the

60 ton range for my small to med work but it'll be a while before I have a chance to build one.

A good press is a definite must have.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Wayne Cook wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nice pages, nice equipment Wayne.

I wouldn't mind seeing a "back to home page" link on all the pages though. :)

Reply to
Rager

Thanks.

Oops. I never use those so I didn't think about them. I'll add them the next time I update.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook