Press Brake question

The company that I work for is looking to buy a press brake. Looking for about a 6 foot bed and about 75 ton capacity. Manual or automatic back stop. The boss is open to either a good used or a new machine. He asked me to check in here for any recommendations of machine brands and dealers, also any to stay away from. I'm the only employee with press brake experience (at least

15 years ago) and don't remember any of the names of the machines I've used. Will be doing simple stuff - 16 gauge up to 3 or 4 feet long to 1/2 plate 18 in. long. Located in NW Louisiana. Thanks for any input.

Bad Bob

Reply to
Bad Bob

Bob,

We have a Haco-Atlantic brand 200 ton x 12 ft. break in our shop. I am not sure of what model it is, I can check tomorrow for you. It is a pretty good machine, not the best that I have used, but still a good machine. It can only really handle 1/4" material 10 ft. long, mild steel preferably, SS is a real strain for it. I have done short pieces of 3/8, maybe 2' long max. I don't think that the 75 tons you mentioned will be able to handle

1/2" plate.

I have seen sites that sell used machinery, but none come to mind right now. I'm sure Google would help here. I personally HATE the older cam style brakes, their dangerous as a loaded gun IMHO. I like being able to hit the "back up button" and getting a second chance.

Good luck with your search, Jim C Roberts

Reply to
Jim C Roberts

I'll pass your info to the boss.

Thanks