press brake

Does anyone have experience doing layout for the blanks for a press brake? Having one delivered in June, comes with employee, but he does not do the
blank figures. Owner is retiring, so I purchased shear and press. Need all of the help that I can find. Retiring guy is helping some, but at 74 years old, he does not explain a lot. Some of the older guys, as I have found out, will not help at all. Thanks in advance. Main work will be metal steps or concrete pan steps with risers.
e-mail me if you want.... I ran a 250 ton continuously for two years and still get figuratively caught in front of one. Do you know what die sets come with the machine.? Once you know how to do layout you often manage to escape the brake :')) Randy

I would guess that the first thing you will be needing is a bend allowance chart for laying out your blanks. Makes things a lot easier.