Myfords - no cause for concern!

Having dealt with RDG Tools at one exhibition or another, I am confident that the Myford name and traditions of customer service are now in good hands.

Reply to
anon and off

I wish I shared your optimism. I am awaiting collection and refund of the second dud D1-4 faceplate they sent me. Both were distorted and with significant casting flaws. In short - useless crap. To send one dud is a mistake. To send a second unchecked one is stupid and not in any way reminiscent of service.

Reply to
Roland Craven

Having dealt with RDG in the past I would say your talking crap.

Reply to
mark

Can't say I've ever had a problem with them . I've purchased quite a bit of stuff from them over the last three or four years service, quality and range of the product for the price has been good. Much better than the scalpers here in OZ any way.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Perhaps it is that a little more attention needs to be paid to quality, but the personal service they pay to phone and exhibition customers is good, and gives one a warm feeling

Reply to
anon and off

I believe in giving credit where it is due, but that smacks of outright sycophancy. Are you being paid by RDG? Is that why you prefer to remain anonymous?

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

I am no more anonymous than are you, what with you having chosen a pseudonym based on two gears not enmeshing correctly.

They're not part of this thread, but I've had equally good service and quality from Chronos and from ARC Eurotrading.

Why be unpleasant?

Reply to
anon and off

Well personally I don't set any store by your posts since there is no name against them. If this was an email list they would just get deleted.

RDG and Arc both make mistakes from time to time, but in general I get better service from both than I do from some of the 'bigger' suppliers.

Reply to
Lester Caine

... and it would seem that L.S.Caine Electronic Services has a crap relationship with punters, if the above is anything to go by.

Reply to
anon and off

Let's not feed the troll any more.

Reply to
Roland Craven

In article , Roland Craven writes

Roland,

Already killfiled him. If everyone did that, or at least never replied, I'd never see his stuff.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

I must be getting slow in my dotage because trolling hadn't occurred to me. Do you suppose it's a resurrection of the Bean?

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

It does look suspiciously like it, except for one thing, his attitude towards suppliers shown by the Blackgates business.

Reply to
Jim White

Not at all. I've always been here in the background, but with the forum that's in homeworkshop.org.uk, there's very little need, if any at all, to contribute anything to this NG.

However, the interjection by Coggin is interesting because by his gratuitous and infantile outburst, it suggests that trolling in this NG was never by me, as indeed, it never was, but by persons of his ilk.

And,since Jim raised the subject of Blackgates, if anyone wishes to inspect the castings as was received from them, then make contact with me via the West Wilts club.

Reply to
gareth

Nothing to do with RDG , me just a satisfied customer

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Only fair to add that my refund arrived yesterday (minus Paypal fees of course). I was also told to keep the faceplate for all the use it is. Blatantly the stress relief was either inadequate or more likely absent. I can see no good reason for ever dealing with RDG again.

Roland Craven Nr. Exeter, Devon, UK snipped-for-privacy@petternut.co.uk

Roland Craven

Is it worth your time correcting the faults on the one you are keeping? It's usually recommended that you skim the surface of the plate in situ before first use.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

On the other side of the coin, I have dealt with RDG many times, both at exhibitions and through telephone and e-mail and have not had any problems with the service, delivery or quality.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Purely for my own interest I have done that. First step, run a die down the oversize pin threads (on this set at least the threads are concentric with the pins). That allows enough play for the plate to pull down evenly. This gives a consistent runout of 0.0035" at the rim and zero at the centre. Said error now remains in the same place irrespective of mounting position. Looking good I thought. However running a DTI along a radius gives a variation of 8-12 thou (same as the first plate). The plate is unevenly concave and I confirmed this with a straight edge (actually the base of a precision level) and feelers. Lack of stress-relief?

Started facing with a 4 thou cut. This runs out more or less (+ or - 1/2" of radius) around the outer edges of the slots. An 8 thou cut runs out around the inner edges of the slots (+ or - 1/4" of radius) and a final 12 though cut finishes the job. Also machined the bore and rim, and marked mounting position.

However the faceplate always had a casting void partly filled with slag near the centre and that ran into the bore. The facing revealed several other small slag inclusions. The first plate was the same. If it stays flat I might use this item for low-speed light-cuts of light items but that's not why I bought it. I've now put it to one side to recheck in a few weeks. Who'll offer odds on it still being flat?

Neither plate had been examined since it was packed in, presumably, China. To be told; "This is a new line from abroad so still trying to sort slight issues out but this will be sorted" means I am paying in money and time to provide QA. I'm happy for those who get good service but I am not one of them!

ttfn

Reply to
Roland Craven

Maybe, but this isn't a mailing list, and one munges e-addies to discourage spambots from harvesting a genuine address and selling it to those who would offer you 'meds', penis-enhancers, a share of some deposed/deceased dictator's millions, etc.

Of course, I wouldn't dream of posting under an assumed name...

Reply to
Macabre of Auchterloonie