Myfords - no cause for concern!

Let's not feed the troll any more.

Roland,
Already killfiled him. If everyone did that, or at least never replied, I'd never see his stuff.
David
--
David Littlewood

I must be getting slow in my dotage because trolling hadn't occurred to me. Do you suppose it's a resurrection of the Bean?
Cliff Coggin.

It does look suspiciously like it, except for one thing, his attitude towards suppliers shown by the Blackgates business.

Not at all. I've always been here in the background, but with the forum that's in homeworkshop.org.uk, there's very little need, if any at all, to contribute anything to this NG.
However, the interjection by Coggin is interesting because by his gratuitous and infantile outburst, it suggests that trolling in this NG was never by me, as indeed, it never was, but by persons of his ilk.
And,since Jim raised the subject of Blackgates, if anyone wishes to inspect the castings as was received from them, then make contact with me via the West Wilts club.
Lester Caine wrote:

Maybe, but this isn't a mailing list, and one munges e-addies to discourage spambots from harvesting a genuine address and selling it to those who would offer you 'meds', penis-enhancers, a share of some deposed/deceased dictator's millions, etc.
Of course, I wouldn't dream of posting under an assumed name...
--
Old Nick

On 7/19/2011 12:09 AM, Cliff Coggin wrote:

Nothing to do with RDG , me just a satisfied customer
--
Kevin (Bluey)

Tooling some but jigs yes.
If they were to resurrect the original design the jigs wouldn't be needed. Instead of making say a headstock the old way with a reference plane and 12 or 15 jigs setup in stages on probably 3 machines the modern way would be to get a 4 axis CNC to grab it and machine everything in one go, no jigs needed and no intermediate inspection stages. probably far more accurate to boot.
No body seemed interested in the tooling. I bought all the taps for the feeds screws for the whole range, imperial and metric, for peanuts. Plus a lot more stuff like gear cutters etc.
John S.

Sorry, I thought I was quoting from your contribution to the appropriate discussion thread on the Model Engineer magazine web site (or was it David Clarke?)
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:19:32 +0100, "anon and off"

Where did you hear that?

Not hearsay, I was down there Monday and Tuesday buying all the good bits <g> , all the jigs were being dropped into skips supplied by Simms at Lenton and going straight to their yard and hence the fraggie machine. Don't bother going to Simms, you won't get in the yard and by tomorrow all the jig store will be empty if not already so the speed they were working.
Some tooling is still there but it's all over the place, anyone interested has to go down and first of all speak to Mark at the asset preservation company then he'll direct you to one of the few remaining Myford employee's who are still on the payroll for just this purpose.
John S.
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:59:45 -0700 (PDT), John S

Given that you've already been there, I doubt that there's anything left worth nicking, let alone buying :-)
Regards Mark Rand RTFM
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:59:03 +0100, Mark Rand

Difficult to fit a lathe into the old poacher's pocket though ;-)
Regards, Tony

See my reply of a few seconds ago to JS