Anyone dealt with "Bills tool crib"?

Hi all, Just wondering if any of you guys have ever dealt with "Bill's Tool Crib" located on the web at:

they seem to have good pricing on the "wedge" style toolpost sets and holders (no doubt Chineese) and some other stuff. They also appear to have a sizeable Ebay store that sells the same stuff.

I am thinking of ordering one of the AXA sets for my Sheldon 10" and was wondering if anyone here has any tales-of-woe (or they are GREAT! stories)from purchasing from these guys.

Standard discalimers, no connection, not advertising, blah, blah, blah. I'm not even a "satisfied customer" at this point.

Reply to
Al A.

Buy from him off ebay, pay with a credit card. Prices look great, if the stuff is junk send it back and charge it back to your card. Well, after you work with him. If the stuff is Phase II those are real good prices. I had a Phase II AXA type wedge toolpost once, it was great except the nameplate was a tiny bit crooked. It was really nicely made and worked fine for me until I tripped over a nice new Aloris set. This was back in the day when you could still occasionally get screaming deals like a full-on Aloris setup with about 7 toolholders for $90, who can pass that up?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I haven't dealt with Bill's, know nothing about it.

I've bought several things from these guys:

I'm pretty happy with quality and service on. Asian import merchandise, but nice quality.

Steve

Al A. wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

The 100-series AXA shows $126 for the same set you can buy in Phase II from Enco, for $89 and (usually) free shipping.

Reply to
Rex B

If I read it correctly, the $89.00 enco set os the piston style. The wedge type from ENCO is $169.00, still not a bad price. I have the BXA size piston type from ENCO on my old Jet lathe, and find it quite nice, pretty well made, fits real Aloris stuff perfectly, and light-years better than the lantern and block toolposts I had before.

I am happy withe the piston one I have, I just figured that if I could get a wedge type for 126 bucks, I'd try one, just to see what all of the fuss is about.

Thanks!

-AL

Reply to
Al A.

I did not see that it was the Wedge type, so yes, that's a good deal. I have a Phase II piston type that I'm very happy with, on a 9" Logan. I also have a well-used Aloris AXA wedge-type on a 10" Enco. For my purposes, the Phase II works just fine.

Rex

Reply to
Rex B

I bought a lathe and some accessories from him. Good service. I think he is an agent for a large tool company on the West Coast. Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Thanks for all of the replies. I put an order in, we'll see how it goes.

-AL A.

Reply to
Al A.