Anyone Deal With Grand Tool Lately?

I just tried accessing Grand Tool Supply's web site, and it keeps timing out. I haven't received a catalog in years, and was wondering if they are still around. They also have the same web site address as Quad Machinery. It may just be that their web site is down over rhe holiday for upgrade.

Thanks!

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Are we talking about Grand Machinery Exchange in NYC? I can't speak for the entire business, but I think the location I know, above Canal St in Manhattan, is a Starbucks by now or due for demolition, to be replaced by residential space, and a Starbucks storefront. :-)

I passed it a couple months ago and saw changed happening.

Reply to
Al Dykes

No, this is Grand Tool in Teterboro, NJ. They used to have regular sales catalogs of cutting tools with pretty good prices if you didn't mind their minimums.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

I saw them selling some stuff on ebay a couple of weeks ago. They used to have some pretty good off the shelf sales stuff the times I stopped in but its a long way from PA.

John

Reply to
John

They are still in business, i recieved one of thier sales flyers in november.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

No - I haven't - but have. Timeout means the WWW is paid for but the computer isn't turned on or the network getting to it isn't.

It is possible that during this time it is under re-design/prices change next year due to tax increase ?

I'd wait for a few days before giving up - but perhaps they have already.

Nice source of European Metric and many many taper spindles......

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Doug White wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn