Another One Gone

I received an e-mail yesterday from another member of the San Jacinto Model Railroad Club that Ben Pearlman had passed away of a massive stroke, just a few weeks after suffering a serious heart attack. Ben was the owner of Papa Ben's Model Train Shop here in Houston, TX. He was also heavily involved with the SJMRRC, and I believe he has held some sort of official positions with the NMRA on either the regional or divisional level. Services are tomorrow, Wednesday. Papa Ben's was one of the top 3 model train shops in the Houston area, along with Houston Roundhouse and Spring Crossing. I have no idea what the future of the store is, whether his widow will chose to keep on with it or close it. He was a great, friendly fellow and it's a sad loss to the local model railroading community.

Reply to
Rick Jones